- Rapeseed Oil1 Tablespoons
- Small white onion, diced1
- Carrot, peeled and diced1
- Red pepper, diced1
- Stalks of small bunch of parsley Chopped tops for serving1
- Mild Curry powder1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Cardamon Pod, seeds removed and crushed1
- Clove of garlic, crushed1
- Basmati Rice200 Grams
- Fish / Chicken or veg stock1/2 cube
- Smoked undyed haddock filet, cut into small chunks2
- Frozen peas2 handfuls
In a large deep pan, heat up the oil and add the diced onion, carrot, red pepper,
parsley stalks and fry for a few minutes to soften.
Once soften add the spices and garlic and cook out the raw spices for 30 secs or
Add the rice and stir into the veg and spice mix. Add enough boiling water to the
pan to completely cover the rice, with about a cm above the rice.
Bring the pan to the boil and then let simmer, nestle the eggs into the water and
put the lid on and cook for 6 min 30 seconds to cook the eggs. Once time is up take them
out, the rice should be nearly be cooked if so add the fish chunks and place the
lid on about for 5 minutes to steam.
Once the fish is cooked throw in the peas and chopped parsley and finish with
some butter. Serve with the soft boiled eggs.