- Celery sticks2
- Leeks (large)2
- Clove Garlic2
- Fresh Rosemary1 sprig
- High-welfare smoked streaky bacon2 rashers
- olive oil
- Tin of borlotti or cannelloni beans400 Grams
- Organic vegetable or chicken stock1 Liters
- Baby spinach or kale75 Grams
- Frozen peas100 Grams
1. Start by prepping the base of your soup: trim and very finely slice the celery, peel
and roughly chop the carrots and trim, wash and roughly chop the leeks. Peel and
very finely slice the garlic, then pick and finely chop the rosemary. Finely slice the
2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil into a large pan on a medium heat, then add the
rosemary and bacon. Fry for a few minutes, or until the bacon is just turning
golden, then add the chopped celery, carrots, leeks and garlic. Cook gently for
around 15 minutes, or until soft, stirring regularly.
3. Add the beans (there’s no need to drain them) and stock. Bring to the boil, then
reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes – add a little more stock or water if you think it
4. Finally, add the spinach or kale and the peas and cook for a further 3 minutes, or
until the greens are cooked but still a vibrant green. Have a taste and season with
sea salt and black pepper, if needed, then tuck in.
Recipe © Jools Oliver. Image © 2015, Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, photography: Matt Russell.