- Chicken breasts (thighs)4
- Plain flour60 Grams
- Ground turmeric1/4 Teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper1/4 Teaspoons
- Dry English mustard1/4 Teaspoons
- Crushed coriander seeds1/4 Teaspoons
- Clove Garlic1
- medium onions2
- Olive oil2 Tablespoons
- Ground cumin1 Teaspoons
- Ground Turmeric2 Teaspoons
- 290Chicken stock Milliliters
- Bay leaf1
- Tomato Puree2 Teaspoons
- Single or double Cream1 Tablespoons
- Green yoghurtDollop
- White rice to serve
Preheat the over to 190 degrees C/ 350 degrees F/ gas mark 4
1. Sweat the onions in olive oil until soft and chop the chicken into chunks.
2. Put the flour, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp cayenne, English mustard and coriander seeds in a food bag and add the raw chicken chunks, shaking it to coat the chicken pieces with the flour.
3.Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the chicken and brown all over
Add the chicken to the onions
4. Put the garlic, cumin and turmeric into a casserole dish and cook for two minutes. Add the stock, bay leaf, tomato puree and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring slowly to boil, stirring continuously.
5. Add the chicken and onions. Cover with a lid and place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is tender. Turn off oven.
6. Add the yogurt and the cream, and stir in when just about to serve.
Serve with rice and poppadoms