- Spelt flour1.5 Cups
- Baking powder2 Teaspoons
- Baking soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Pink salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Ground cinnamon2 Teaspoons
- Ground ginger1/2 Teaspoons
- Desiccated coconut1/4 Cups
- 1 large banana mushed and 1 banana sliced in half lengthways for decoration
- Coconut oil melted1/4 Cups
- Date syrup1/2 Cups
- Vanilla extract2 Teaspoons
- Non-dairy milk1/2 Cups
- Raisins1/2 Cups
- 1 large carrot grated
1. Preheat oven to 170oC / 350oF and oil a loaf tin (I used coconut oil).
2. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients – flour through to coconut.
3. In a separate bowl mix together all the wet ingredients – mushed banana through to non-dairy milk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the carrot and raisins.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and place the two banana slices on top. Bake in the oven for 45 – 50 minutes.
6. Allow the loaf to cool slightly before transferring to a bread board and slicing. Banana bread doesn’t last more than a few days so freeze half the loaf for the following week if desired.